Friday, March 6, 2009

Yaavarum Nalam - Well, almost!


Yaavarum Nalam - Good effort. Some trouble here n there, yes, with the dubbing, some of the closeups with mouths moving in all directions except Tamil - ... but these days a here n there can be overlooked. Give us a simple, easy to comprehend and good-enough-for-the-money spent on the a/c & popcorn - thus a hit is made! A rare, good script by the director. 

Only I felt that the dialogues and some of the scene cut-to-cuts could have been better. The BGM also is a well...hmmmm - (missss an Ilayaraaja every now n then - yes, understand fully this is a bi-lingual and you need saleable Hindi names...but no dispute that Raja Sir would have added the more  to this already good fare?!) But all that's a polish. 

The basics - the story, suspense, thrills, drama, flashback narrative & visuals are quite competently handled. Take a bow Vikarm, this is his second film, if Im right! Atleast I am casting a shade of doubt on my fact, when so many reviews just plainly wrote this was his debut. No. Alai was his debut film. 

Audience reaction and reviews have been phenemonal. So, all I'm saying is that - yeah, happy for those who made me sit with my fingers in my ears, my eyes nearly half closed and my tummy being forever on the jump up and down mode! Good show! 

Happy for Maddy, Happy for Suresh & Georgie - the producers!

P.S: The one composition of the Madras Library in the background - imposing, rugged and almost looking down in its grand mystery over Maddy, as he rummages through newspaper clips, looming large in the foreground.... PC Sir, just how, just simply HOW do you ALONE manage such wonders?!