Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Very Merry...!


It's Christmas. It's December. Both favorite aspects of my life. Somehow for all the lethargy of this year, the month seems to whiz(zzzz..) past by! 

Joy of Giving - sharing, all things nice and wonderful with all creatures great and small... I know, I know I'm being my cynical self, and I do know it's not so bad after all. (Just back from playing ChrisMa/Pa-Chrischild at office!)

The Holidays' as even we Indians now call it, is no longer the exclusive window of cheer meant only for the westerners! In Chennai, one can see the red, white and green (with a generous dose of cotton, white fabric or glitter for snow) and 'feel' transported to Santa's North Pole Village! Hark..! Can you hear the angels sing..?

Meanwhile, my mobile cracks up and acts funny now - like my year. Too many things to fix up. Gosh, the coming year's gonna be one of plain fixing up. People. Work. Home. Most important of 'em all, my mobile phone.

Finally, I was able to set up my Christmas corner - with all new dolls and just the trees and trinkets from the past. Mom just gave away my old ones - can't find them around she says. Swallowed that along with a tall glass of cold water.

A friend just refused to step out to take his Christmas gift from me. This whole year saw me see-saw-ing with people. Hmmm. All shades of grey - didnt have much to call for color. Sigh!
But the ones that stood by me - oh, how can I merely thank them for being around even when I could'nt find myself anywhere but rock bottom. They say this is the best time to do the thanking bit. And I do it with all my heart...which also has such nice feelings despite a whole year of setbacks. I was just listing out my bad days from the good - and did I tell you ever that 300 out of 365 were plain bad?! Shucks. To see what I've crossed gives me a new kind of strength - one that I didnt know I was capable of having. So that counts as a good thing, I suppose. The meaning of the 65 good days!

A whole lot of quite-titude (somehow solitude sounds so sad!) in 2008. A lot of putting on weight - I will need a double 2009 to get rid of it. 

Movies. Music. My Blog. 2008 saw it all.

Hopefully, my one sole wish for Christmas will be answered way past midnight now...when the Chennai Churches ring their bells to herald the Birth of the King. Time to focus. And decide what that one wish is gonna be...

Will update this post when it comes true. (see no Ifs and Buts in wishing, ok!) 

Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

babasko said...

merry xmas to you too!!

meeting you was one of the high-points of my 2008.

big hug from snowy switzerland