Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Too serious Too cool

Now Dont ask me why I came up with the title. I just did. Now I have to find the text for it. It's one of those totally 'un-reasonable' things. Yes. Sometimes such thoughts, like that nagging aunt from nowhere, arrive without reason. Like some stupid song you would have heard on radio this morning, and it just stays. STAYS. Refuses to vanish no matter how much you force your cold ridden throat to hum your other favorite number. The one that enters without reason just stays. 

Thoughts...let's allow it to meander now.

Finding my foot I can say. In this whole new world. Now, this can be understood as a euphemism or as just a plain reference to a new phase of one's life. 

A lot of my sentences these days are beginning with Sometimes. Hmmm. 
And a lot of my reactions to what's happening around me is just...Hmmm. 
Sometimes (there I go!) the Hmmm-s precede or come along with a sigh. 
At others they just come out as they are. (Somehow that line makes me grimace - How could I do this, terrible!)

Ok, so what's the purpose of this post and why are we doing this at all? Does anything make a difference to anyone anymore? I know, I know the previous line was hugley over the top - but this is how I feel right now. Life goes on. Keeps going on. I dont remember the last time I laughed or cried and emptied my heart in the process. I dont recall ever having that wonderful 'connect' with a fellow human being, on the miracle of sharing space on the same planet. I have'nt in the recent past experienced kind-ness, like how I did when I was 7yrs old, when Sister Mona saw my hungry face and gave me three Marie biscuits during Interval (which is the break before lunch).

When the world is burning and nations are starving, how could you be so selfish and think about your own pitiable state? You may ask. 
But...somewhere it's MY world. It begins and ends with ME. 

Dont' make me out to be a monstor and you the angel. It is the same for you too. It's YOUR world. And the greatest love of all is....hey, Im sure you have heard the song! 

Preserve the Self and present it to the world. Im sure the rest will follow. This Im telling myself now, hoping my share of Marie biscuits will come to me sooner than later.

Cheers.
(hmmm... The post covers the too serious part...now what do we do with the too cool?)